Operation and cleaning of vacuum cleaner
- Procedure for operation and cleaning of vacuum cleaner.
- This procedure is applicable in the Warehouse
- Warehouse personnel shall be responsible to follow the procedure mentioned in this SOP.
- Warehouse In-Charge and QA Head shall be accountable for compliance of the procedure mentioned in this SOP.
- Usage log book of vacuum cleaner – Attachment – I
- Ensure that the vacuum cleaner is cleaned and the bag is intact, cleaned, and dry and fitted properly before operation of the equipment.
- Switch “ON” start button of vacuum cleaner to use.
- After completion of cleaning operation; switch “OFF” the button of vacuum cleaner from main point of electric supply.
- Remove the dust bag/ filter from vacuum cleaner at end of the shift and when required.
- Transfer collected dust into a poly bag and close properly.
- In case of paper bag dispose off the poly bag with the dust bag into the waste bin.
- In case of cloth bag / filter follow the procedure as under.
- Empty out the contents of the dust bag / filter into a poly bag
- Take the poly bag containing the cloth dust bag/ filter to the washing area in the poly bag closed properly with status label.
- Wash the dust bag thoroughly with water. Allow to drain & dry.
- Clean the inner/outer body of vacuum cleaner with dry / wet mop and allow to dry.
- Remove the other detachable accessories (pipe, brush and filter) and transfer into the polybag.
- Take the poly bag containing the accessories to the washing area.
- Assemble the vacuum cleaner using the clean and dry accessories and the bag.
- Put the status label of “Cleaned” on the vacuum cleaner
- If the vacuum cleaner is not in use up to 15 days; recheck cleanliness before use.
- Cleaning Frequency: – Daily at the end of the shift.
- Record the data for vacuum cleaner usage in Usage log book of vacuum cleaner (Attachment – I).
- Not applicable
- Quality Assurance Department
- Warehouse Department
HISTORY OF REVISION
|USAGE LOG BOOK OF VACUUM CLEANER
|Name of item
|Qty. Received (No. of container)