Multi Mill is a self-contained portable device that can granulate, pulverize, blend, shred, and chop a wide variety of wet and dry materials at high speeds without the need for special attachments.
This machine uses the concept of variable force swing hammer blades with both knife and impact edges rotating with a carefully chosen screen to regulate size reduction, as opposed to the four traditional principles of size reduction, i.e. grinding, compression, impact, and shearing, which often do not achieve regulated size reduction.
In a vertical rotor machine, the material flow path is simplified. Stuff entering the chamber moves to the periphery and passes tangentially and radially through the screen during comminution, preventing choking and temperature increase. The capacity of the multi mill is 1HP and 3HP.
|Application & Process:
Is used for wet and dry granulation in pharmacy colleges, R&D institutions and pharmaceutical industry for research and development of pharmaceutical products.
It is a self contained portable unit useful for granulating, pulverizing,Mixing and size reduction The Multi mill operates on the principle of variable force swing beaters having both knife and impact edges rotating within a selected screen to get the required size reduction.
The material is fed in the hopper, shredded and milled through beaters consisting of knife and impact edges. The rotation speed and direction of beaters could be adjusted through control panel. The material then passes through the cylindrical screen in spiral motion which helps keeping the temperature low and avoids chocking of material during the process. The material is collected in the container placed under the hopper.
In multi mill particle size reduction is done through impact in air, on material by blades moving at high speeds, inside a cylindrical hopper.
Salient Features :
- Multiple speed drive of beaters can be adjusted through Variable Frequency Drive (VFD).
- Easy Dismantling & Cleaning.
- Effortless Portability with the help of Castor Wheels.
- Direction of blade rotation can be changed.
- Multiple combination of Perforated Screen, Speeds, Number of blades.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Multi Mill
- Can be used for wet-milled materials.
- Operational activity is easy.
- There are also options for variable rpm.
- It’s easy to take apart and clean.
- Installation took up less room.
- It adds to the noise.
- The risk of an accident increases as the speed varies regularly.
- With ISO certification and international guidelines, proms engineers are the best multi-mill manufacturer, exporter, and supplier in India. Contact us now.