Inspection of incoming foil
To lay down a procedure for the incoming inspection of foil rolls.
- After the security staff checks and allows the vehicle to enter the plant area, check the documents for foil rolls received – purchase orders/ invoices.
- Check the vendor as per the vendor list. If the material comes from an unapproved vendor, return the material back to the supplier and inform the purchasing department.
- If the vendor is approved, unload the foil rolls and check them for damage, or dampness. If any non-compliances are found, inform the QA and purchase department about it.
- Clean the foil rolls with the help of a vacuum cleaner or a dry non – shredding cloth.
- Check the foil quantity (number of rolls) received according to the invoice. If any damages are found, reject the material and follow the procedure of handling rejected material.
- After the physical check and preparation of GRN (Goods Received Note) affix an appropriate status label on the consignment and remove the foil from the quarantine area to the storage area.
- Write down the results about the received quantity in the log book.
- Send properly filled GRN to Quality Control for sampling.